Olanzap is a reliable and effective antipsychotic medicine that affects certain chemicals in the brain to manage the symptoms of mental health ailments, such as maniac depression (bipolar disorder) and schizophrenia. It is mainly used for psychotic conditions in adults and children above 13 years of age. Sometimes this medicine is used in combination with antidepressants and other anti-psychotic drugs to treat various mental health disorders. The active component of Olanzap is Olanzapine, an atypical antipsychotic drug that is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Generic Name:
- Brand Name:
- Expiry Date:
|Quantity||New Customer||Returning Customer||Shipping||Add To Cart|
|(5 mg)||Price||Unit Price||Price||Unit Price|
- Olanzap (Olanzapine) is a type of antipsychotic drug that manages psychological conditions like schizophrenia and maniac depression, efficiently.
- It works by altering certain substances in the brain or central nervous system.
- It is believed that this smart drug is better tolerated and produce less side effects as compared to other antipsychotic drugs.
- Olanzap is available easily online, that too at a very competitive price.
- The exact mechanism of working of Olanzap (Olanzapine) in treating schizophrenia and bipolar disorder is not clearly understood. However, it is presumed to be linked with potentiation of certain substances in the brain, such as dopamine and serotonin. By working on these neurotransmitters, Olanzapine treats acute maniac attacks of bipolar disorder and improves overall psychological health.
- Olanzap should be used strictly under the supervision of your medical advisor.
- It is imperative to follow all the directions thoroughly while utilizing this smart drug.
- Your physician may change your dose to ensure you get the best possible results.
- Never try to take the dose in larger or smaller quantities for longer time than recommended.
- You should take Olanzap pill only once in a day, with or without food.
- If you fail to notice any improvement, ask your doctor for further treatment.
- Never stop the medicine abruptly, as you may experience unpleasant side effects.
- During the course of therapy, you may require to undergo certain blood tests such as blood sugar and blood cholesterol.
- Keep the medicine at room temperature and away from direct moisture and sunlight.
- Olanzap (Olanzapine), according to clinical studies, demonstrated greater effectiveness in the management of the symptoms of schizophrenia and acute bipolar disorder. Also, researchers have found that it is one of the well-tolerated antipsychotic drugs.
- The common drug reactions of Olanzap may include –
- Increased appetite
- Sudden weight gain
- Issues in memory and speech
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Arms or legs pain
- Changes in behavior
- Never give this smart drug to children without doctor’s recommendation.
- In case if you miss the dose, take it as soon as you remember, but never take two doses at a time.
- Taking extra dose can lead to overdose, producing symptoms like dizziness, aggressive behavior, confusion, stammering speech, involuntary muscle movements, and breathing trouble.
- Olanzap may slightly hamper your reactions and thinking, so be careful and avoid risky activities that require alertness.
- Avoid alcohol during therapy, as it may increase the possibility of side effects.
- Do not get up from sitting position suddenly after dosage, as you may feel giddy and restless.
- Drink plenty of water while undergoing treatment with Pirakin medicine.
- If you are allergic to Olanzapine, never use this medication.
- This drug may increase the chance of death in elders who have dementia issues; hence, it is not prescribed in older people with memory loss issue.
- Prolong use of Olanzap can lead to severe irreversible movement disorder. In this, you may experience involuntary and uncontrollable movements of muscles.
- Inform your doctor about following health issues to make sure the drug is safe for you –
- Cardiovascular disease
- Blood dyscrasias
- High blood cholesterol level
- High blood sugar level
- High blood pressure
- Liver or kidney dysfunction
- History of seizures
- Prostate issues
- History of phenylketonuria
- Never use this antipsychotic drug in case of pregnancy and breast-feeding, as it may harm the fetus or newborn.
- Certain medicinal drugs like sleeping pills, muscle relaxants, narcotic painkillers, anxiolytics, antidepressants and anti-epileptic drugs are known to increase the chance to side effects if taken with Olanzap. So tell your doctor about medications before using this antipsychotic drug.
- Patients with known case of allergic to Olanzapine, and having above-mentioned medical conditions (mentioned in essential information) should never use Olanzap.
- In association with Olanzap, your doctor may suggest you to join psychological support groups and counseling to improve your overall mental condition.