Modawake is a prescription therapeutic agent prescribed for the treatment of Narcolepsy (uncontrollable deep sleep) and other sleep disorders. It is also indicated for patients who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea and shift work disorder. Modawake is a kind of generic medicine with an active drug composition of Modafinil, which is an FDA-approved drug. Its pharmacological action helps in boosting alertness and wakefulness. Concurrently, it is also used to improve your concentration, cognitive abilities, memory process and alertness during daytime.
- Generic Name:
- Brand Name:
- Expiry Date:
|Quantity||New Customer||Returning Customer||Shipping||Add To Cart|
|(200 mg)||Price||Unit Price||Price||Unit Price|
- Modawake is a perfect medicinal drug that helps enhance wakefulness, and treat obstructive sleep apnea and shift work disorder.
- It is a safe and effective medicine, as Modafinil is an FDA-approved drug.
- For proper use of this smart drug, make sure you have a word with the medical professional.
- You can buy Modawake easily from online drug store at comparatively cheaper price.
- Modafinil is the active ingredient of Modawake, which is categorized under the racemic compounds that encourage wakefulness. The exact pharmacological action mechanism of this smart drug in promoting wakefulness is idiopathic. However, it is thought to potentiate the neurotransmitter known as Dopamine and suppresses its reuptake. Researchers believe that this smart drug has certain wakefulness-promoting abilities that are somewhat similar to a drug like Amphetamine.
- Modawake should be used after seeking proper medical advice so that it can be employed appropriately.
- It is essential to follow all the directions provided on the prescription for safe use.
- You need to take the medicine orally with a glass full of water, with or without food.
- Your physician may prescribe you 200 mg Modawake for your daytime sleepiness.
- You may need to take the dose only once in duration of 24 hours.
- For uncontrollable sleep disorder, you may require to take the dose in the morning.
- The dose is ought to be taken 60 minutes before you go for your shift work in case of shift work disorder.
- During treatment, your doctor may adjust the dose for best results.
- Keep the medicine in a safe and secured place, and away from direct heat, moisture and sunlight.
- The clinical studies of Modawake revealed that it is a well-tolerated and safe treatment for encouraging daytime alertness in patients with severe narcolepsy. It is also found helpful in eradicating generalized weakness and fatigue.
- Since Modawake is a conventional medicine, it may or may not produce side effects. If they occur with great intensity, get in touch with physician for medical evaluation. Common side effects of this smart drug are as follows –
- Pain in back
- Mild issues during sleeping
- Pain in head
- Sore throat
- Dryness in mouth
- Mild increment in blood pressure level
You may suffer from other side effects that are not mentioned above. So make sure you call your doctor if you experience any changes in your health.
- You should never give Modawake to children, as the drug is not formulated for them.
- Take the missed dose as soon as your recollect, but do not take two doses at a single time, as overdose can produce unpleasant side effects.
- Overdose can lead to sleeplessness, generalized weakness and dizziness.
- Modawake can impair your thinking and reacting abilities, so strictly stay away from outdoor and risky activities after dosage.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages during treatment, as they may aggravate your condition.
- Avoid Modawake medication if you are already suffering from chronic debilitating heart disease and if you are allergic to Modafinil.
- Inform your physician about past or present health issues, such as heart or brain ailments, mental health issues, etc.
- Also, inform your medical advisor about undergoing medicines, such as OTC or prescription drugs, herbal supplements and multivitamins.
- If you are planning pregnancy; if you are already pregnant; and if you are breast-feeding, then discuss with your doctor prior to using Modawake drug.
- Steroidal drugs, antacids, tranquilizers, antidepressants and blood thinners are not compatible with Modawake when it comes to pharmacological action. Therefore, it is highly recommended to inform your doctor about the undergoing treatment.
Modawake is not recommended for patients with following medical conditions –
- Severe cardiac disorder
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Prolonged liver or kidney problems
- Serious mental health issues
- Hypertensive to Modafinil
- Modawake is indeed an effective medicine to encourage wakefulness and alertness. In addition, you can perform Yoga, meditation and breathing techniques to overcome narcolepsy.